Friday, May 18, 2012

SMASHING

So remember when I said that I considered most of the "Avengers review ground" to be already covered? Serious oversight on my part, as one person who had not weighed in completely on the film was a person who I consider one of the most well-versed, insightful, and downright entertaining film/culture critics on the net.

I am, of course, speaking of Film Crit Hulk. And he just did a full-length (read: long) column on The Avengers titled - appropriately enough - The Avengers is a Joss Whedon Movie. You should read the hell out of it. He also did a prequel/companion piece (actually requested by and published in The New Yorker) titled Hulk Takes on Mark Ruffalo's Hulk. It's also great. And for those who are not already actively following this guy, you should start. Anyone who aspires to any level of film discourse, criticism, or just more-than-casual inspection of the medium could learn a great deal from reading his stuff and have a LOT of fun doing so.

It's almost intimidating - having someone this flat-out GOOD covering genre fiction almost makes me want to just give up and stop writing things on the internet. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment